Functional requirement of Supermarket Billing System Project (FYP)
A sale transaction both authorizes and settles the requested amount against the payment method indicated. Through authorizing, the Transaction request confirms that the payment method exists and that funds are available at the time of Authorization to cover the transaction amount.
- Products’ IDs from the bar code reader.
- Weight reading from the automatic weighing scale.
- The SAS queries the database for the product information and calculates the total amount payable after inclusion of taxes.
- A bill is created in a printable format.
- A formatted bill is printed for the customer.
- The SAS may not be able to connect to the server due to error in network connection, in the case of which transaction is not possible.
Viewing sales statistics
- The manager views the sales statistics and prints them in various formats such as pie charts, bar graphs, tabular format, etc.
- Item identification parameter (such as product ID or name).
- Time period or duration.
- The SAS looks into the database, the cost and selling price of the particular product for every transaction in that period and generates the profit statistics in the requested format.
- The profit statistics are displayed in the requested format for the manager, which he prints for his convenience.
Updating the prices for different commodities
- The manager easily updates the prices for all the items available in the supermarket according to the changing prices in the market.
- The product identification parameter (such as product ID or name).
- New Price for the product.
- The SAS looks into the database and shows the product information.
- It updates the database with the new price.
- The product information with updated price is shown.