functional requirements of Whatsapp’
Specific actions or capabilities that a system, product, or service must be able to accomplish in order to meet the needs or expectations of a user are referred to as functional requirements.
Here are some functional criteria that may apply to a messaging software such as WhatsApp:
- End-to-end encryption: To preserve user privacy, WhatsApp should offer secure end-to-end encryption for all messages and calls.
- User account creation and management: Users should be able to establish and manage their own accounts, including adding contacts and setting up a profile.
- WhatsApp should be accessible on numerous platforms, including Android, iOS, and the web, and it should be able to sync messages and media between devices.
- User banning and reporting: WhatsApp should allow users to block and report other users who are acting inappropriately or abusively.
- WhatsApp should deliver push notifications to notify users of new messages or calls.
- Messaging: WhatsApp users should be able to send and receive text, picture, and video messages from and from other users.
- WhatsApp users should be allowed to establish and participate in group conversations with other users.
- WhatsApp users should be able to make voice and video calls to other WhatsApp users.
- WhatsApp users should be able to transmit and receive photographs, videos, and other forms of material.
non-functional requirements of Whatsapp’s
Non-functional requirements define a system’s performance, dependability, security, and other properties rather than particular actions.
Here are some non-functional needs that might apply to WhatsApp:
- WhatsApp should be compatible with a wide range of devices and operating systems.
- WhatsApp should be able to handle diverse character sets and cultural traditions and should support numerous languages.
- WhatsApp’s data and conversations should be protected against unwanted access or alteration.
Encryption and secure authentication are examples of such techniques.
- Scalability: WhatsApp should be able to accommodate a growing number of users and messages without slowing down.
- WhatsApp should be accessible to users with disabilities, such as those who are blind or have limited vision, have hearing difficulties, or have mobility challenges.
- Performance: WhatsApp should be able to manage a large amount of messages while maintaining a quick response time, especially during peak use periods.
- WhatsApp should be operational at all times, with a high uptime and a minimal downtime.