SRS Functional Requirements of Toll Plaza Management System Project (FYP)
1. Toll plaza electronic system shall read data from vehicle toll tags to support toll payment transactions.
2. The system shall calculate the toll due based on the vehicle characteristics (vehicle size, weight, axle count, etc.), tag data, and stored toll prices.
3. The system shall update the toll tag value after debiting the toll amount and send a record of the transaction to a centre.
4. The system shall read the credit identity on the toll tag and send that identity and the amount to be debited to a centre.
5. The system shall control roadside displays indicating success or failure of the toll transaction to the driver.
6. The system shall respond to changes in tolls from the Toll Operator.
7. The system shall forward wide-area alert information to the Toll Operator.
8. In the case of closed toll systems, the system shall update the toll tag with the system entry point, and upon toll system exit, used in the calculation of the toll.